I had a craving for something cheesy and savoury yesterday, so I decided to whip up a batch of these Parmesan Biscuit Bites. These cheesy biscuits are simple to make and use no absurd ingredients. Plus, they only take 1 hour from start to eating!! (including 30 minuets chilling time) I used a star cutter so these would be great for a New Years Eve party or 4th July party. I will certainly be making these again in December when I can finally break out my christmas cutters!
What do I need?
- 5oz (150g) Plain Flour
- 4oz (110g) Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tsp Paprika
- 3oz (75g) Unsalted Butter
- 2 Egg Yolks
How do I make them?
- Combine the flour, cheese, salt, baking powder and paprika in a large bowl. Add the butter and rub with your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolks and form the mixture in to a ball. Wrap in cling-film and leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minuets.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/ 400°F/ Gas Mark 6. Unwrap the dough and roll out to about 5mm. Cut out the shapes and place on lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minuets until golden.
- FINISHED! I would recommend leaving them to cool before eating unless you want slightly burned fingers like me.